There are several companies producing annual rankings of the world’s most valuable brands. However, only three currently matter: “Best Global Brands” by Interbrand (a brand consultancy), “BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands” by Millward Brown (a research agency) and “Global 500” by Brand Finance (a valuation company).Continue reading “The difference between the three most popular rankings of the world’s most valuable brands”
In the previous post, we discussed why Apple, Coca-Cola and Heineken have changed their marketing strategies and moved from brand-driven campaigns to campaigns with a stronger emphasis on the product.Continue reading “Three global brands that have moved from product- to image-led communication”
A topic of frequent debate among marketers is whether a company’s communications should focus on their brand or their product. “Brand enthusiasts” argue that image-based efforts help to build brand awareness and consideration. On the other hand, “product supporters” believe that product-centred campaigns translate to higher sales. The jury’s still out on who’s right in this argument.Continue reading “Three global brands that have moved from image- to product”
At BrandStruck, we have a database of more than 100 brand strategy analyses (and growing every week). For each of the brands we’ve looked at, we’ve closely analysed their communication activities, in an effort to decode one or two dominating archetypes. Brand archetypes aren’t always consciously used by marketers, but most brands can have archetypes assigned to them, based on how they come across in marketing and communication material.Continue reading “What are the three most popular brand archetypes?”
Branding and advertising are infamous for making us covet things we don’t actually need. The super sleek sheen of a Tesla or an iPhone or a bra designed by NASA’s top scientists are alluring, but at the end of the day, they are merely luxuries. The question of getting people to need something they want is sales 101. But more and more, branding agencies are tackling the inverse.Continue reading “Make It Sexy: The Big Impact of Branding “Boring” Things”
A lot of people – even those in branding – struggle with answering the question: So what’s a brand, anyway?Continue reading “Defining What a Brand Is: Why Is It So Hard?”
Big Data analytics is a complex process of sorting sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured information to get different kinds of predictions and behavioral patterns. You can use Big Data in various areas and for various goals. Here you can read about Big Data applications in more detail – https://itsvit.com/services/big-data/.
Big Data is different from traditional relational databases because of work with a bigger quantity of information. To identify Big Data, you should pay attention to high velocity, high variety and high volume. These are the main characteristics of Big Data analysis.
Velocity means data processing speed. Big Data analytics works very quickly. Volume means a huge quantity of information because to enable accurate prediction the system needs to analyze huge sets of information. Variety is about the different kinds and types of incoming data.
Information from Big Data analytics is usually used for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. This way the neural network training takes place, for example.
Where is it used?
Big Data has a large scope of applications. You can use it in healthcare to collect patients data, analyze them and make decisions about diseases or treatment methods. Big Data is already used in the LAPD (Los-Angeles Police Department) to make predictions about crimes. Big IT companies like Google, Apple and IBM also actively use Big Data and Machine Learning to make their products better and reduce net product costs. Car giants like Tesla, BMW and Toyota use modern technology too. They analyze data about the external environment and make predictions for the driver or can switch on some safety systems. Retail also uses Big Data to predict the demand for goods, propose customers new products or make a targeted advertisement. As you see, there are a lot of fields of usage and that is not all.
How to understand the necessity of Big Data for your business?
The simplest way – refer to the Big Data consulting company, like IT Svit, and request analysis for your company. Also, you can make a preliminary analysis on your own if you have a technical background or appropriate specialist in your team. What to look for? Pay attention to the value at first. Big Data implementation is quite an expensive process. Of course, you might multiply your profits, but sometimes implementation is impractical. The next point to estimate is the volume of information. Big Data, as you understand from the name, works with a large information set. You need Big Data if your company works with a big amount of different data types and you need to quickly analyze them.
Conclusion: what is Big Data analytics?
Big Data analytics is an instrument for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. This tool allows to process data and make some behavioral patterns. Big Data is already successfully used in different areas. Nowadays you might face Big Data almost everywhere.
Open Maps in your smartphone and you’ll see a good example of Big Data analytics. To make these maps, the system needed to analyze a lot of terrain photos and Big Data specialists needed to train system to make the right decisions. Thus, Big Data has wide usage in everyday life, not only in complicated processes.
What is sports betting? Real earnings or a banal loss of money? The following facts will help you forget what “loss” is and familiarize yourself with the word “earnings”.
The main reasons for losing money on rates
- Stake under a strong emotional impact. Quite a lot of players like to bet on their favorite team, regardless of its condition during the match. Analysis replaces emotions or even worse – pseudo – explanations why this team today should leave the field a winner. Also, many inexperienced players make bets influenced by other people.
- “Favorite bookmaker.” Many players prefer to make bets in one office, even if there are the worst odds. They are just too lazy to walk a few hundred meters to another office. Also, this is found in Internet players. But there are some really good websites where online sports betting becomes easier.
- TV broadcast of the game. Some players make bets only because after a certain time they have the opportunity to personally follow the events of the game.
- Unknown team. Betting on a team you know nothing about is a risky venture. However, some players just want to try their luck.
- Big bet. Many players put all their money on one game and, of course, lose the entire bank.
The most common mistakes of players near the bookmaker window
- After an unsuccessful bet you need to relax. Work on the bugs, take a walk. It is best to miss a few rounds of the championship. But no! You do not listen to anyone and make another crazy bet. And lose again. The circle closes. Of course, it is easy to lose everything. So give yourself a setup: do not set after losing.
- Regardless of winning or losing, it is recommended that you stay away from the bookmaker at first. It’s not just the majority of offices located in sports bars. Here, people relax and make crazy bets.
- Never bet on your favorite team. You just can not soberly assess the chances of your favorites and, as a result, you can lose a pretty penny. Avoid these common mistakes and then you will always be in the “plus”.
How to choose the right privateer?
A privateer is a special person who tells you what amount of money to bet on. A kind of “professional fortune teller” in the world of sports. And why do you need him? In order to get more profit than you could get yourself. On the other hand, if you subscribe to a privateer list, you automatically run the risk. And not a small amount. Your adviser, in addition to reputation, can lose nothing.
How to reduce the risk and make cooperation mutually beneficial?
- Look carefully at the Internet. There are many experts who offer their services to predict the results in a particular sport. Do not stop at 1 privateer. Find at least 20-30 people making predictions for your championship.
- Review the history of selected marques. Do not look at the statistics. Many “experts” consciously embellish it. Ask at forums about the performance of the privateers you have selected. Do not get lost in the flow of information. All spread out “on the shelves.”
- Use free tips. The quality of tips “on the ball” is lower than that of professional privateers, however, they can be used to evaluate the professionalism of the marque and draw appropriate conclusions.
- No need to subscribe for the whole season. Buy it for a month. Analyze the quality of the marque’s tips. After all, you can always extend your subscription for an unlimited time.
You also need to follow all the recommendations of the marque. Avoiding even one recommendation can lead to instability and randomness of the whole system and, as a result, your losses. In the end, we have to note that the main thing is winning. Listen to your intuition, choose the best rates – profits will not take long!